Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Chapter 2

          This chapter did a stellar job helping to put things into perspective for many teachers-to-be.  Reading those complex passages, I could feel myself in the shoes of the young students I will be teaching.  It reminded me of classes when I didn’t understand anything, and it felt impossible to overcome.  In the classes I have struggled a lot in, I have managed to learn the content and be able to understand what is going on, and I hope that I can help get my students there too one day.


(263 words)

2 comments:

  1. I was in the same boat as you when it came to reading in front of the class. I hate ELA because my teachers did "popcorn" reading when we were reading novels, and my classmates would gang up on me to read. That experience is one reason that I will seldom if at all make students read from a new novel or textbook in front of the class. It puts stress on a student that can be avoided. We as teachers want students to enjoy our class, not get stressed out before they walk in the door.
    Count:90

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like almost all students can relate to being uncomfortable when being forced to read in classrooms. In fact, I used to enjoy reading in elementary school when all that mattered was the characters in your book. I believe that it is our job as teachers to make sure our kids feel comfortable in whatever circumstance they may be put it, and make them feel safe. However, we should also be making sure that we play a part in their literacy. I hope to further my kids reading, and writing comprehension by finding ways to help them feel comfortable about reading in my classroom to build a good foundation for reading or whatever else they may need.

    ReplyDelete

Final Synthesis Blog

I was surprised and thought it was a mistake when I first saw the classes I was supposed to be taking. I'm math and science, why do I n...