Monday, November 13, 2017

Podcasts


This article was a little bit disappointing, as I have become accustomed to reading articles with the results that the researchers had hoped for.  However, I think the article still proved something! Although the podcasts may not help more than a traditional textbook practice, they certainly help equally.  I wouldn't favor a class that was all textbook based or all podcast based! This study helped me to see the value of a podcast as one of my many teaching resources.  I really enjoy podcasts in a non-educational context (I've been listening to Dirty John all morning), so I could see how they benefit different types of learners as well.  I had never thought about podcasts for language learning, but I could definitely see how it benefited these students in learning English.  It really got me to thinking about learning Spanish with podcasts.  It's really interesting as well to think about the oral literacy students become engaged in when they are listening to a podcast.  I’ll be interested to look for math podcasts as I’m getting into lesson planning, but I know that if I end up in a science classroom there will be a lot of podcast support for my lessons! I hope that my peers and I can become leaders in the future generation, using new methods like these to support our students' learning.

1 comment:

  1. I was disappointed for other reasons, but I see your point on this article. I also think it would probably be harder to find podcasts about math, but I admire your enthusiasm. I appreciate you wanting to keep up with the times and your willingness to embrace the changes... I just don't know if I can.

    ReplyDelete

Final Synthesis Blog

I was surprised and thought it was a mistake when I first saw the classes I was supposed to be taking. I'm math and science, why do I n...